The Hill House was the home of George and Mary Hill. George designed his home and contracted the Carey Brothers to build it. Construction started in 1901 and was completed in 1902. George Hill was a prominent Lodi businessman, with a business that sold jewelry, provided optometry, repaired watches, and even sold china picture frames.
An Eastern United States transplant, George’s ambitions brought him to Lodi where he founded his business, married his wife Mary and built his family home.
The Hill House is held in a private non-profit trust to preserve the family home and Maurice Hill's artistic works.